Cashmere is one of the most luxurious and sought-after fibers in the world. With its soft texture, excellent insulation properties, and timeless elegance, it’s no wonder why cashmere has been a favorite of fashion lovers for centuries.
What is Cashmere?
Cashmere is a type of wool that comes from the soft undercoat of the cashmere goat. This undercoat is combed out during the goat’s molting season, and the resulting fibers are collected, cleaned, and spun into yarn.
The finest cashmere comes from the neck and underbelly of the goat, where the fibers are the softest and thinnest. The fibers are incredibly fine, measuring only 18 microns or less, which is why cashmere feels so soft and luxurious against the skin.
Why Choose Cashmere Clothing?
There are many reasons to choose cashmere clothing over other types of wool or synthetic fibers. Here are just a few:
- Softness: Cashmere is incredibly soft and feels like a warm hug against your skin. It’s perfect for those who are sensitive to itchy or scratchy fabrics. Cashmere fibers are finer than human hair, which means they can be spun into incredibly thin and delicate threads. But don’t let their delicate appearance fool you – cashmere fibers are actually incredibly strong and durable, which makes them perfect for clothing that will last for years to come.
- Warmth: Cashmere is an excellent insulator, keeping you warm and cozy even in the coldest of temperatures. Cashmere fibers are hollow, which means they trap heat close to the body and keep you warm in even the coldest temperatures. But because cashmere is so lightweight, it doesn’t feel bulky or uncomfortable to wear. Instead, it feels like a cozy hug, wrapping you in luxurious warmth and comfort.
- Durability: With proper care, cashmere clothing can last for decades. It’s a great investment piece that you’ll treasure for years to come.
- Style: Cashmere clothing is timeless and elegant, never going out of style. It’s a great way to elevate any outfit and add a touch of luxury to your wardrobe.
How to Care for Cashmere Clothing
Taking care of cashmere clothing like a cashmere cardigan for example is essential to ensure that it lasts for years to come. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Hand wash or dry clean: The cashmere cardigan should be hand washed or dry cleaned to prevent damage to the fibers. Avoid using the washing machine or dryer, as the agitation can cause pilling or stretching.
- Use a gentle detergent: Use a mild detergent specifically designed for wool or cashmere to avoid damaging the fibers.
- Avoid hanging: Never hang cashmere clothing, as it can cause stretching and distortion. Instead, lay it flat to dry.
- Store properly: When storing cashmere clothing, fold it neatly and place it in a sealed plastic bag or airtight container to protect it from moths.
Of course, not all cashmere is created equal. That’s why Quinn sources its cashmere from the finest suppliers around the world, ensuring that each piece of clothing is made from only the highest quality fibers. And because Quinn is committed to sustainable and ethical practices, you can feel good knowing that your cashmere clothing is not only beautiful and luxurious but also responsible and eco-friendly.
Whether you’re looking for a classic cashmere cardigan in a timeless style or a modern take on this iconic fabric, Quinn has something for everyone. From the delicate cable knit patterns of the Whitney sweater to the edgy, asymmetrical design of the Afton scarf, Quinn’s collection of cashmere clothing is the perfect blend of classic elegance and modern style.
So if you’re looking to add a touch of luxury and comfort to your wardrobe, look no further than Quinn’s collection of cashmere clothing. With its exquisite softness, warmth, and durability, cashmere is the ultimate fabric for those who demand the very best. And with Quinn’s commitment to quality and sustainability, you can feel good knowing that your cashmere clothing is not only beautiful and luxurious, but also responsible and ethical. Shop their collection today and experience the ultimate luxury of cashmere for yourself.